GOLF: A GAME WHERE EVERYONE IN FRONT IS TOO SLOW, AND EVERYONE BEHIND IS TOO FAST.
To encourage interest in golf among seniors we promote friendly competition and good fellowship for senior players through golf tournaments.
ELIGIBILITY--Any player turning 50 years of age in 2020 is eligible to join.
You can sign up to play in any tournament by calling Treasurer Dave Gorsline or President Michael Oliver at 269 830-8041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Reservations need to be to the President by Thursday before the tournament.
Handicaps. All members handicaps will be figured by our own computerized system using the best 5 of the last 6 BCASGA scores. New members will state a handicap to get started.
The cost, as in the past, may vary depending on the green fees, which includes 18 holes of golf, cart, prizes, skins, and expenses. Dues remain $5.00 per year for returning players, which are payable before play. Registration for new players remains at $10.00.
PRIZES & SKINS GAME
Cash prizes are paid for the following:
1) top low net places in each flight (generally there are four flights; however, amounts are determined by the number of players.).
2) Cash skins (gross, low net, and high net skins based on HC [18.0 and below are low net skins & 18.1 and above are high net skins ), Gross skins are for those players who are playing from the standard white tees.
3) Closest to Pin (one par 3 on the front and one on the back) $10 each par three.
4) $10.00 drawings prior to the beginning of play for each tournament (amount depends on the number of players).
5) Flight top three (3) best low accumulation scores in each Flight (A, B, C, and D) at the end of the year.
The entry fee includes automatically entrance into the skins game. White tees are gross skins division, and forward tees are high and low net skins division. Must declare at the beginning of the season and cannot switch.
1. The schedule for 2020 will be as consistence as possible with an 11:00 A.M, a shotgun for all courses; however a number of exception may have to be made, Coldwater and the Grande, will begin at a different time-- please check the schedule. The reason for the 11: 00 A.M. start is to be off the course for the afternoon leagues.
2. There will be one celebration Awards dinner this year at the end of the regular season, which will conclude at the "March to the Medalist" (Sept 1, 2020).
3. Flights per tournament are determined by listing all players in the tournament by handicap from lowest to highest. Then splitting the players equally into four equal as possible flights (A, B, C, and D).
4. All players, who are members of the course will pay only competition fees as well as lunches, dinners etc.
5. Each course will be set up as close to 6000 yards from the white tees and 5500 yards from the gold tees as possible.
6. All players must choose their playing tee (standard white or forward (gold, green, or red) at the beginning of the season.
7. All players who play from the white tees are entered in the gross skins division.
8. All players who play from the forward tees are entered in either the low net skins or the high net skins division, depending on HC.
9. Prizes for "Over-All Champion" plus two runner-ups for each flight who have the lowest over-all total in each of the six of the eleven courses will be awarded cash payments.
10. The highest score an individual will be allowed is double par. Note: pars allowed to pick up must be inside of six inches or good for double par.
11. Players who qualify in age, disability, gender, will be allowed to play from the very forward tees.
12. New operating rules were passed on September 29, 2019. Please see the operations web page for details.
Michael Oliver (9/29/2019)