GOLF: A GAME WHERE EVERYONE IN FRONT IS TOO SLOW, AND EVERYONE BEHIND IS TOO FAST.
To encourage interest in golf among seniors we promote friendly competition and good fellowship for senior players through golf tournaments.
ELIGIBILITY--Any player turning 50 years of age in 2020 is eligible to join.
You can sign up to play in any tournament by calling Treasurer Dave Gorsline or President Michael Oliver at 269 830-8041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Reservations need to be to the President by Thursday before the tournament.
Handicaps. All members handicaps will be figured by our own computerized system using the best 5 of the last 6 BCASGA scores. New members will state a handicap to get started.
The cost, as in the past, may vary depending on the green fees, which includes 18 holes of golf, cart, prizes, skins, and expenses. Dues remain $5.00 per year for returning players, which are payable before play. Registration for new players remains at $10.00.
PRIZES & SKINS GAME
Cash prizes are paid for the following:
1) top low net places in each flight (generally there are four flights; however, amounts are determined by the number of players.).
2) Cash skins (gross, low net, and high net skins based on HC [18.0 and below are low net skins & 18.1 and above are high net skins ), Gross skins are for those players who are playing from the standard white tees.
3) Closest to Pin (one par 3 on the front and one on the back) $10 each par three.
4) $10.00 drawings prior to the beginning of play for each tournament (amount depends on the number of players).
5) Flight top three (3) best low accumulation scores in each Flight (A, B, C, and D) at the end of the year.
The entry fee includes automatically entrance into the skins game. White tees are gross skins division, and forward tees are high and low net skins division. Must declare at the beginning of the season and cannot switch.
Golf and Business Meeting-- Sept 1, at the Medalist Golf Course. A meeting was held, Dave Gorsline presented the treasury report.
1) Both Dave and I get free golf as compensation and neither is getting a salary.
Most of the money is going back into the skins and season-long flight winners (top four). Some of the money covers expenses such as water, software, the printing of scorecards and cart signs, ink.
2) Concerning HC-- It was voted at the meeting to change the HC to a 3 of 5. For Update-- See # 7 below.
3) Comments on Duck Lake-- Duck Lake has a difficult time finding carts for a group as large as ours. Because of the virus, this past year, we had tee times. Dave and I were at Duck Lake from 7 AM to 7 PM-- a long day in anyone's standards. For next year, I tossed up that two shotgun starts would be better.
4) Over-all, most everyone liked the 9 or 9:30 start.
5) Tom discussed that gold/yellow senior tees length should be around 52 to 55 hundred yards. It was indicated that those who were 80 can move to the Red tee.
6) and then the cash awards were given out.
7) HC-- percent of handicap to be used-- 90%. # of scores HC will be based on: 5. Minimum # of scores needed before HC can be calculated: 3; 3 of 5-- Discard highest, discard lowest.
1. The schedule for 2021. TBA